Fish fillet - ½ kg(I used pomfret)
Pear Onion chopped - 2 no s
ginger - 1 tabs
Garlic - 1 tabs
Green chilly - 5 no s
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1 ½ tsp
Thick coconut milk - 1 ½ cup
Thin coconut milk - 1 cup
Tomato - 1 no s
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves - few
Red chilly - 3 no s half slit
Salt - to taste
Coconut oil - 2 tabs
How to Prepare:
1. Clean and cut the fish into pieces ,(not small pieces a medium in size)
2. Take a bowl add 1/2tsp of turmeric powder ,1/2tsp of pepper powder and a little bit of salt and mix this with fish fillets for marination ,keep it in refrigerator or outside for minimum 1 hour.
3. After 1 hour take out the marinated fish fillets and take a pan heat oil in it and put the fish fillets in this and shallow fry it, till they are half cooked and in the remaining oil put the chopped pearl onions , ginger ,garlic and green chilly and sauté it well.
4. When they turn soft add remaining turmeric powder and pepper powder and combine it well and add the thin coconut milk into this and tomatoes chopped. Then add the shallow fried fish fillets and cover it with a lid cook it on a medium flame till the gravy is reduced to half and the fish almost done.
5. Then add the thick coconut milk and curry leaves and let it stand on a medium flame for 3 minutes do not get boil the coconut milk.
6. Turn of the fire and serve it hot.
7. You can garnish with coriander leaves and green chilly.