Monday, February 8, 2010
Maida - 2 cup
Egg white of - 5 eggs
Baking powder(level spoon) - 2 tsp
Powdered sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Unsalted butter(room temperature) - -100 gm
Vanilla essence - 1 ½ tsp
How to Prepare:
In a big vessel / bowl , add unsalted butter(room temperature) and powdered sugar and beat well with a blender or beater it for 4 to 8 minutes until it turns fluffy ,In that add baking powder level spoon ,all purpose flour (Maida) and mix together well with a beater /blender /wooden stick.
In another bowl break the eggs and separate the egg white from it and beat well with a beater until the egg whites turn soft.
In the above fluffy texture add egg white and stir together ,then add vanilla essence and milk slowly and stir together to become a fluffy thick texture.
Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
In a cake pan or string form pan, grease butter and all purpose flour add this thick texture to the greased pan and bake it for 30 minutes at 150 to 170 deg F.
After baking, take out the pan and cool it for few minutes demold it and serve it hot.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
1.Fish fillets( any fish/I used queen fish) - ½ kg
2. Pearl onion(long sliced) - 1 ½ cup
3. Green chilly(half slit) - 4 no s
4. Red chilly (broken) - 4 no s
5. Red chilly Powder - 2 tabs
6. Coriander powder - 2 tsp
7. Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
8. Mustard seed - 1 tsp
9. Tamarind extract - ½ cup
10. Coconut milk(thin) - 1 cup
11. Curry leaves - 1 spring
12. Coriander leaves(finely chopped) - 1 spring
13. Salt - to taste
14. Oil -
15. Tomato(medium sliced)- 2 no s
How to Prepare:
1. Cut and clean the fish fillets , add 1/2tsp of turmeric powder ,1 tabs of red chilly powder ,and a little bit of salt to the fresh fish fillets for marinating it and keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes minimum.
2. Heat oil in a clay vessel ,add 1 tsp of mustard seeds , when it splutters add broken red chilly and curry leaves and sauté it well. Then add half slit green chilly sauté it , add ½ tsp of turmeric powder ,1 tabs of red chilly powder , 11/2 tsp of coriander powder and mix along in a simmer mode for 2 to 3 minutes ,add salt to taste and sauté well.
3. Add freshly tamarind extract and stir well for 1 minute ,then add thin coconut milk and mix the texture along ,wait for few minutes to boil this texture ,when it gets boiled add the marinated fresh fish fillets ,and wait put the flame in simmer mode for 5 to 10 minutes for cooking well and chopped tomato.
4. While boiling add ½ tsp of coconut oil and finally when turn off the fire add finely chopped coriander leaves on the top of fish curry for garnishing .
5. Serve it hot.