Mutton - 1 kg
Pearl onions(small sliced) - 1 ½ cup
Shallots(small sliced) - 5 to 10 no s
Ginger(small sliced) - 2 big piece
Garlic(small sliced) - 6 to 8 pods
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Red chilly Powder - 2 tsp
Cardamom(crushed) - 5 to 6 no s
Cinnamon stick - 3 no s
Cloves - 3 no s
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Tomato(small sliced) - 1 cup
Green chilly(half slit) - 4 to 5 no s
Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Mint leaves - 1 spring
Coriander Leaves - 1 spring
For Masala Grinding:
1. Cinnamon stick - 5 to 10 no s
2. Cloves - 5 to 10 no s
3. Aniseed - 5 tabs
4. Cumin seeds - 5 tabs
5. Nutmeg - 5 tabs
(These spices should dry roast and grind it in the mixer well, this can be used instead of garam masala .)
How to Prepare:
1. Clean and cut the mutton into pieces and for marinating it add ½ tsp of turmeric powder ,1/2 tsp pepper powder ,1 tsp of red chilly powder ,bit of salt ,1/2 tsp of lemon juice ,about 5 no s of sliced shallots ,1 tsp of garam masala , and mix all together ,and keep it aside for 10 minutes minimum and after that put it in a pressure cooker add a little bit water and close with lid for cooking and minimum 5 to 6 whistles should be needed for well cooking.
2. Take a kadai ,add oil in it when it gets hot add crushed cardamom ,Cinnamon sticks ,cloves together and mix well ,then add ginger n garlic pieces and sauté well ,then add half slit green chilly , sauté well ,add sliced shallots and pearl onions and sauté well until it becomes a light brown in color and soft for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add turmeric powder ½ tsp ,red chilly powder 1 tsp , ½ tsp of pepper powder ,mix all together for 2 minutes add sliced tomato and mix well for 5 minutes now add dry roasted grinded masala about 1 tsp first to it and mix together and keep in a low flame for 3 minutes.
4. Now add the already cooked mutton pieces into this texture and mix all together well and add water as a base for masala gravy, check out the salt, and close with a lid for 5 minutes to boil all the texture.
5. After 5 minutes open the lid and add sliced coriander leaves and mint leaves for garnishing it. Cook it for another 2 minutes and turn off the fire.
6. Serve it hot with rice or Indian breads.