"For the past few days i am thinking to make something special to my brother.my brother likes biriyani..so i thought to make this biriyani for him..this one is dedicated to him..biryani can make in different styles..i made chicken biriyani in tvm style...but with out egg..thtz it."
Biriyani rice - ½ kg
Chicken pieces - ½ kg
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tabs
Pearl onions(long chopped) - 3 cup
Coriander Powder - 1 tabs
Chilly powder - ½ tabs
Turmeric powder - 1 ½ tsp
Chicken Masala - 2 tsp
Aniseed powder - ½ tsp
Green chilly(half slit) -3 no s
Cashew nuts - 10 no s
Raisins - 10 no s
Lemon juice/yoghurt - 1 tsp
Salt -to taste
Water - as required
Cardamom - 4 no s
Cinnamon (broken) - 3 pieces
Tomato( medium chopped) - 2 no s
Cooking oil - 3 tabs
Ghee - 3 tabs
Coriander leaves(chopped) - 1 spring
Mint leaves - 10 no s
Curry Leaves - few
Cloves - 2 no s
How to Prepare:
1. Clean the rice and drain the water first ,take a pressure cooker, add 2tabs of ghee in it when it gets melts , put the 2 cardamom , 2 pieces of broken cinnamon and sauté it then add the biriyani rice and fry it for few minutes and put water as required to boil it ,then pour a little bit salt to taste and ½ tsp of turmeric powder also and close the lid for cooking the rice.(2 to 3 visil),turn off the burner.
2. Clean the chicken first and keep aside , in a small bowl , take ½ tsp of turmeric powder , ½ tsp of red chilly powder and a little bit of water and mix well all together to make a good paste and apply it evenly on chicken for marinating and keep it aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Take a pan , add tabs of oil when it gets hot , add 1 tabs of ginger garlic paste and curry leaves ,add the long chopped pearl onions, sauté it well ,then add ½ tsp of turmeric powder ½ tsp of aniseed powder ,1 tabs of coriander powder , then add 2 pieces of cardamom ,2 pieces of cloves ,cinnamon stick and chopped tomato and add lemon juice also or yoghurt mix all together until it becomes light brown in color , add the marinated chicken pieces into it and mix well for 2 minutes then add 2 cups of water(or water as required) for boiling the chicken pieces close with a lid at simmer mode until the chicken cooks well.
4. Take another pan , add ghee in it gets melt , add cashew nuts for frying ,transfer it to a plate ,then add raisins for frying ,after frying transfer it to a plate , then long chopped pieces of pearl onions when it gets deep fry transfer into a plate and keep it aside.
5. Check out the chicken pieces , when it is cooked , turn off the fire.
6. For layering ,take a baking pan or any big vessel ,Put rice first ,then alternatively put chicken pieces then add chopped coriander leaves and garnish with nuts n raisins and deep fried pearl onions. On the top of chicken biriyani put the chopped mint leaves also or you can add cherries also for garnishing.
7. Serve it hot with salad and pickle.