Sunday, February 7, 2010
CHETTINAD SPICY FISH CURRY (RESTUARANT STYLE)
1.Fish fillets( any fish/I used queen fish) - ½ kg
2. Pearl onion(long sliced) - 1 ½ cup
3. Green chilly(half slit) - 4 no s
4. Red chilly (broken) - 4 no s
5. Red chilly Powder - 2 tabs
6. Coriander powder - 2 tsp
7. Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
8. Mustard seed - 1 tsp
9. Tamarind extract - ½ cup
10. Coconut milk(thin) - 1 cup
11. Curry leaves - 1 spring
12. Coriander leaves(finely chopped) - 1 spring
13. Salt - to taste
14. Oil -
15. Tomato(medium sliced)- 2 no s
How to Prepare:
1. Cut and clean the fish fillets , add 1/2tsp of turmeric powder ,1 tabs of red chilly powder ,and a little bit of salt to the fresh fish fillets for marinating it and keep it aside for 10 to 15 minutes minimum.
2. Heat oil in a clay vessel ,add 1 tsp of mustard seeds , when it splutters add broken red chilly and curry leaves and sauté it well. Then add half slit green chilly sauté it , add ½ tsp of turmeric powder ,1 tabs of red chilly powder , 11/2 tsp of coriander powder and mix along in a simmer mode for 2 to 3 minutes ,add salt to taste and sauté well.
3. Add freshly tamarind extract and stir well for 1 minute ,then add thin coconut milk and mix the texture along ,wait for few minutes to boil this texture ,when it gets boiled add the marinated fresh fish fillets ,and wait put the flame in simmer mode for 5 to 10 minutes for cooking well and chopped tomato.
4. While boiling add ½ tsp of coconut oil and finally when turn off the fire add finely chopped coriander leaves on the top of fish curry for garnishing .
5. Serve it hot.