- Pomfret(cut pieces/slit) - ½ kg
- Kashmiri chilly - 2 tabs
- Red chilly - 4 no s
- Salt - to taste
- Coconut oil -2 tabs
- Green chilly(half slit) - 4 no s
- Coccum(extract water of) - 5 to 6 pods
- Water -required
- Ginger(small chopped) - 2 tsp
- Garlic(chopped) - 2 tsp
- Shallots(small chopped) - 1 cup
- Pumpkin(medium pieces) - 4 pieces
- Drumstick(half slit) - 4 pieces
- Tomato(medium slices) - ½ cup
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Lemon juice - ½ tsp
- Fenugreek powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
How to Prepare:
1.Clean and cut the fish fillets into pieces keep it aside. (You can use any kind of fish I used pomfret here.)
2.Take a clay vessel /meen chatty ,add coconut oil in it when it gets hot add mustard seeds about 1 tsp ,when it gets splutter add red chilly into it , then pieces of ginger garlic and then shallots and sauté well till it becomes light brown in color ,then add half slit drumsticks ,and medium cut pieces of pumpkin and mix well for few minutes .
3. Add ½ tsp of turmeric powder ,2 tabs of kashmiri chilly powder ,2 tsp of coriander powder ,and mix well ,then add coccum extract water ( instead of coccum ,tamarind extract can also add) mix together ,and add required water for enough gravy and close with a lid for 5 to 7 minutes for boiling the texture.
4.After 7 minutes open the lid and add the fish fillets into the gravy add salt to taste and 1 spoon of fenugreek powder and close with a lid for another 5 to 10 minutes at simmer mode for cooking.
5.After 10 minutes open the lid and add tomato slices and squeeze ½ tsp of lemon juice and put 1 spring of curry leaves to decorate the fish curry.
6.Turn off the fire, serve it in a dish.