- Duck(cut pieces) - 1 kg
- Pear onions( long pieces) - 3 big
- Shallots - 5 to 10 no s
- Ginger( small pieces) - 2 tsp
- Garlic(small pieces) - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 ½ tsp
- Green chilly(half slit) - 4 no s
- Tomato - 2 no s
- Tomato sauce - 1 ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Mint leaves - 1 spring
- Coriander leaves - few
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tabs
- Soya sauce - 1tsp
How to Prepare:
1. Wash and clean the duck and cut into medium pieces, apply little bit of salt , 1 tsp of turmeric powder ,1 tsp of pepper powder evenly on duck pieces and keep it for marinate about 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a non stick pan , add mustard seeds when it splutters ,add curry leaves and sauté well , add ginger and garlic into it and sauté well , then add green chilly and sliced shallots and sauté well till it becomes soft and also add sliced onions and tomato sauté well and it should become light brown in color.
3. Add ½ tsp of turmeric powder , 1 tsp of red chilly powder ,2 tsp of coriander powder ,2tsp of pepper powder , and sauté it well along with the mixture into the pan and fry it for 3 minutes ,then add the marinated duck pieces into the pan and mix well with the masala ,put flame in a simmer mode for 3 to 5 minutes , add vinegar ,salt to taste and soya sauce and mix well , put about 2 ½ cup of water and mix well the duck pieces nd close with a lid for about 15 minutes to boil.
4. After 15 minutes open the lid and add 1 tsp of garam masala and 1 ½ tsp of tomato sauce ,chopped coriander leaves and mix well and again close with a lid for another 15 minutes in a simmer mode.
5. After 15 minutes meat will be cooked and water will reduce and will become a semi gravy then open the lid and allow 5 minutes more to cook at a medium flame and turn off the fire.
6. Serve it in a dish and put chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves ,round cut onion pieces or flower of spring onion on the top of duck masala curry for garnishing.
7. Serve it hot.
( total time of cooking for duck pieces would be 35 to 40 minutes)